Saturday, May 10, 2014

For World Travelers

It was suggested to me that I should create a Texas postcard front with a world traveler sort of feel but focusing on Texas. The requirements were that the name of a city and an image symbolizing that city would be the predominate focal point and easily changed to represent another city.

I think this one meets those requirements but could easily be changed to also represent the state as a whole or just certain regions of the state. For example, instead of a city's name, it could just say Greetings from Texas and any "Texas" image could be used. The same could be done for the different regions of Texas...West Texas, the Hill Country, East Texas, the Red River Valley, etc...
Each are Texan but with unique, and usually recognizable, attributes.

This is a composite image for display purposes. The actual file is just the front of the card.

As a side note: The NTTA is opening the Chisholm Trail Parkway this Sunday. It is a 27.6-mile toll road that will extend from downtown Fort Worth south to Cleburne.

The actual Chisholm Trail was a trail used to drive cattle overland from ranches in Texas to Kansas railheads. The cattlemen rounded up longhorns by the millions in Texas and drove them north across the Indian Nations into Kansas.
It went through Fort Worth then right by where we live now as does the new Chisholm Trail Parkway.

I can't say that I am too happy to have a major road running less than a mile west of my home. It did however peak my curiosity about the Chisholm Trail and I have learned a lot about the area in which I live. It is also the inspiration for the card front.

No comments:

Post a Comment