Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The Infamous Bear

He is to me, anyway. I wanted to create a furry Teddy Bear. So many of my attempts turned into something else. Mostly because he was too time consuming. But, I finally finished him.

My husband says I am stubborn. I don't know where he gets such an idea. I saved him, the bear not my husband, as a .png file and can print him with all the furry edges visible. I wanted those furry edges. But, when I trace him into Make-the-Cut to do a PnC, I loose most of the edges. Although expected, it does a much better job than I thought it would. It does retain some of the fur that would be easy to cut...but not all of it. If you shadow the image, instead of perfectly smooth edges, the edges are bumpy and I kinda liked it. But, that is not the look I was after. Using Photoshop, I was able to create a smooth shadow edge and I can change the color if need be. The shadow edge becomes the cutting line in MTC and I can see all of the furry edges.



I am sharing the MTC file with 4 different colored shadows/backgrounds as well as the .png file with a transparent background.

MTC Bear Digital Cut File

Bear Raster File

No comments:

Post a Comment