I love working with paper and have an electronic die cutter... The Blackcat Cougar.
I have decided I would like to design some paper hats. No particular reason other than I have been sewing some fabric hats and visors and thought it would be fun to try some with paper. To start, I have just made my designs into....well...hats. Once I have the concept down, I can revamp the designs and turn them into containers or boxes to hold something. I could also make them smaller for treat boxes. Whatever.....
The first hat I wanted to be floppy and yellow polka-dotted. I couldn't find any yellow polka-dotted cardstock. I could design my own, but I do not have a 12 x 12 printer. Anything smaller would make a hat smaller than I wanted. So, I painted white polka-dots onto yellow card stock with acrylic paint and a sponge dauber. I was afraid the acrylic paint might inhibit me from getting a good cut, but the Blackcat cut right through it like butter.
I added some grosgrain ribbon for the band and bow. I also designed some Southern Magnolias for embellishment.
Here is a close-up of the magnolias. I've applied a "technique" to this image. I think the image itself could be incorporated into a paper project.
I prefer most images that I use within my paper projects to not look too realistic so I am always playing with them to "mess them up" as my husband says.