Wednesday, February 02, 2011

A Birthday is Coming Soon

My youngest daughter's favorite flower is a daisy. Her favorite color is green.
I used a picture that I had taken of a Shasta Daisy as inspiration for this card for her birthday.

I drew the petal layers in Xara Designer Pro 6, my favorite graphic drawing software. I imported the vector drawings into Make-the-Cut software and created a file that my Cricut Expression could cut.

The curly outside layers of the the center are graduated circles with slits cut from the outside edge toward the center. I used a quilling tool to curl them.

The very center is green and yellow glass seed beads fused together in a kiln. Any number of things could be used and look great, including glitter, but I am experimenting with various techniques. The yellow and green "button" is one of those techniques gone awry.



MTC Daisy Digital Cut File

2 comments:

  1. That daisy is absolutely gorgeous!! You are very talented. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, another flower. Thank you once again for sharing. I love flowers and I appreciate the time taken to create the file and your generosity in sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete