Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Lunchtime

Here is another attempt at using the Spectrum Noir markers.

I tried something different with the background on this one. I digitally created a colored background. I also took a little "artistic license" with the colors that I chose to use.

I've found only one thing so far that I don't particularly like about markers. I am incapable of drawing as fine a line as I would like. Maybe that will improve with time.

EDITED: I tried adding detail with a water-based ink pen. They work great under and over the alcohol markers without smearing as long as they are dry. My problem with the pen lines is that they are consistent in width from the base to the tip. You can't add pressure to deviate the line. For me, this is a must to create flowing, more natural looking lines. Next up...my trusty brush.

No comments:

Post a Comment