Tuesday, June 17, 2014

It Finally Progressed to This

Compositing is the combining of visual elements from separate sources into single images. This type of photo manipulation helps greatly in the understanding of color, light, and movement. Every element has to combine into a cohesive whole. Sometimes I can make it work...others not so much.

I started out with this photo of a Giant Swallowtail. There were a number of them that kept coming back to our Purple Cone flowers and I took many photos over a period of days. This was not the most technically successful photo I took but I like it and wanted to see what I could do with it. It took several versions for me to get over my hangup of messing with a traditional photo. I'm glad I did.


I chose to use this version to make a popup card.





No comments:

Post a Comment