Thursday, September 05, 2013

Come Fly with Me

First, I want to say that I love butterflies just in case you haven't already figured that out. We are lucky that we have a whole slew of Giant Swallowtails flitting around every year. I love to photograph them as well as any others that come our way, but the Swallowtails are so easy. They are large, up to a 6" wingspan, and are not awfully shy. Sometimes I think they even pose. Like everything else, though, I may get some good shots and some that are not so good. Can they be rescued?

Normally I wouldn't dream of manipulating their images, but I have started the Photoshop Artistry course. The first few lessons were on the functions in Photoshop that we will be using in the course and how to create and collect images in order to assemble our image library for use in our composites. We finally had the first lesson on putting everything together. Our assignment was to utilize the information we gleaned from the lesson.

I chose to use an image of one of the Giant Swallowtails in flight.

Before:

After:


Maybe I'm nuts, but I can see the After image on the front of a card with something like,"Come Fly with Me" printed in the less busy space around the butterfly. Can you?

No comments:

Post a Comment