Monday, February 09, 2015

So not me!

It's very seldom that I do pastels. I can usually manage them better when I work digitally, but I can't for the life of me paint them. I've started out pastel but end up with something totally different.

The jury is still out on this card. I know one thing, if I did it again, I think I would make the lettering smaller/different. I colored the text a dark magenta. It still came out too stark to suit my tastes. I stippled and then dry brushed over it with a cream color acrylic paint to set it back some.

The rose and leaf are air brushed, also with acrylic paints.

The butterfly was a bonus element that came with a Martha Stewart frame punch that I purchased. I don't know if the floral paper was meant to be used or was just part of the packaging. I thought it was pretty and was my inspiration for this card.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:03 PM CST

    I think it is a beautiful card and you did a great job with it - pastels and all! TFS your pic. I haven't had much time in a long time to craft myself. Live getting in the way so I look forward to seeing what others are doing right now. MeFlick

    ReplyDelete