Sunday, August 25, 2013

Are You Ready for Some

Football...er...Holidays?

I am. For both, actually, and for many reasons not the least of which is because around here, except for the 4th of July and Labor Day, it is generally cool_er.

I've created some more graphics for the cutlery holder. Just as I finally figured out a word that I think is appropriate, we came up with some different ways to use them. We thought of candy holders for Valentine's Day and Halloween. Also, gift card holders for any occasion. You can punch a hole in the top and hang them from the tree for Christmas gift cards, candy canes, or cookies and they become ornaments as well.

I did not, however, figure out a convenient way to show them all with their variations.



I used a couple of different techniques while making these just because I wanted to play.
I also re-purposed a few graphics, but I don't think I have shared them before. I also created some inserts to separate the contents from the holder color if necessary.

The folding instructions for the holder are here:
Just the holder instructions

The band and the insert on the New Year's eve holder were laminated with gold foil. The spider web band on the witch holder was laminated with black foil. It made it shiny like the black cutlery while leaving the white web perfectly untouched.

I side-loaded a paint brush with acrylic paint and painted the outside edges of the pink flower.

I ordered some fabulous construction paper online from Office Depot, Nature Saver Smooth Texture. I had to order 12x18 sheets and cut them to 12 x12. The paper is smoother and not as fibrous as regular construction paper. It is also double sided. Unfortunately, they only sell it online. For the rose, I coffee dyed the paper for the holder and the rose petals and leaves. I cut the rose elements out of the paper before I dyed them. It did not leave a mess on my mat and cut great. But, they are simple cuts. The whole thing smells like coffee.

The instructions for the rose assembly are here. I made one exception. Instead of building them on air-dry clay bases, I built them on the pointed end of a cotton swab that I bought at the Dollar Tree. When they were completely dry, I cut off the rest of the swab.
Rose Assembly Instructions

I also ordered some 12x18 construction paper from Amazon, Sun Works. It is also smooth and double sided, but is thinner. I haven't decided if I will attempt to cut it, but it worked great for the holders.



All the PNG files and Svg Files
MTC Cutting File


All the PNG files and Svg Files
MTC Cutting File



All the PNG files and Svg Files
MTC Cutting File


All the PNG files and Svg Files
MTC Cutting File


All the PNG files and Svg Files
MTC Cutting File


All the PNG files and Svg Files
MTC Cutting File



All the PNG files and Svg Files
MTC Cutting File








No comments:

Post a Comment