Thursday, July 25, 2013

Picnic Pests

My daughter loves the 4th of July. She always looks for red, white and blue desserts that we can make. This year was no different. Hubby had just come home from the hospital so we were "babysitting". We used our down time to make a cake that, when cut, looked like a flag. I didn't get pictures, but she was really pleased.

While thumbing through magazines in various waiting rooms, I saw a picture of a cloth napkin that had been folded into a silverware holder. I thought it would be fun to try it with scrapbook paper, use plastic forks, and decorate it with 4th of July embellishments. Naturally, you couldn't actually use it as a napkin, but I thought the holder would be just too cute with her cake. Thankfully, I was keeping it as a surprise for her as I did not get it finished. So...I decided to just give it a summer theme and added some summer embellishments to go along with the 4th of July ones.

You can't tell by this picture, but the cute ant, which was inspired by one I saw on an internet site, was cut out by itself and then stuck to the background with dimensional dots.

The fly wings are two layers. The top layer is cut from cardstock and the bottom, green layer from pale green acetate. The eyes are some stick-on beads. I rolled the body to give it more dimension and folded the wings away from the body.



All the PNG files and Instructions

Just the holder instructions

No comments:

Post a Comment