Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Not my Grandmother's Rose

When I was little, my Grandmother made flowers out of nylon stockings. She would bend and twist wire to the shape she needed for a flower or leaf then stretch a piece of dyed nylon stocking over the wire and tie if off at the bottom. She would make a bunch of petals or leaves and put them together to make a flower. They were beautiful. She taught me how to do them.

Awhile back I had this idiotic idea of trying to use her technique with paper sans the wire. Ha! It didn't work. At least, not for me. So, I adapted her technique to something that would work with paper.





If you would like to try them, the Make-the-Cut file and the Assembly Instructions are listed below.

MTC Rose Digital Cut File

Rose Assembly Instructions

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:12 PM CDT

    Absolutely beautiful, and the instructions very clear and precise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful roses, thank you for sharing and writing instructions.

    I remember roses and other flowers created with wire and stockings, lol.

    ReplyDelete